"You are meant to grace the world with your dance, to follow the lead of Jesus wherever he leads you." - Captivating

Aside from Jesus, "...traveling is the great true love of my life...I am loyal and constant in my love for travel...I just don't care what it puts me through. Because I adore it. Because its mine. Because it looks like me." - Eat.Pray.Love.

Here you will find my travels, not just physical travels but emotional and spiritual as well...journeys to different places in the world and journeys of the heart. And, of course, fun and silliness too :)

Friday, December 16, 2011

Taking Time for Christmas

I've always loved the Christmas season. However, this past week has been extremely hectic and stressful. Between trying to get the house clean and ready for the Tacky Christmas Party, getting my students presents ready, making my co-workers presents, and getting all my other Christmas presents bought and wrapped (I'm going out of town for some of next week so I had to have this done by Saturday.)...on top of having a job that doesn't just end at 3:00 when the bell rings, attempting to work out and cook dinner at least 4 days a week...it has been busy to say the least. Every time Diego would ask if we could go do something or run an errand I would fuss at him about all the things on my to do list and how I didn't have any time and what was he thinking?! This caused him to start reenacting the scene from Saved by the Bell where Jessie is addicted to sleeping pills because...say it with me now..."There's no time, there's never any time, I don't have time to study. I'll never get into Stanford..." You know you have that scene memorized too...especially if you grew up in the 90s. His twist of course said, "There's no time for Christmas!!" Although it was funny (and slightly irritating)...I realized something...he was right. I was all stressed about getting everything done that I wasn't even enjoying Christmas. So I decided to make sure I let myself relax and take in the joy of the season. (Sorry for the cheesiness.) Rather than being rushed to go find presents for everyone, I remembered that I actually love shopping for others and finding the perfect gifts for them. (I also took advantage of the awesomeness that is online shopping for many.) Instead of being worried about getting all the school gifts done...I relished in the fun of making homemade gifts for my co-workers and the truly wonderful group of students that I have this year (plus, Diego helped tremendously with my kids gifts). Then last night, I got to do one of my favorite things about the Christmas season...wrap presents! I got this from my mom. Every year she set up a giant wrapping station full of pretty papers, beautiful ribbons, and fun package decorations. I could never set up an entire wrapping station in my tiny apartment so I finally got to this year in my new house (and I was lucky enough to get lots of Mom's extras as she tries to downsize). So I turned on the Christmas music and got to work. Maybe someday my bows will look as good as hers.

5 comments:

Rockamundo said...

This is a good, fun blog. Assuming you are still able, you should start it again.

belleza said...

http://tupelo.blogdiario.com/

Deepa Arora said...

New City Girls are on the scene! These fresh, talented and energetic young ladies are ready to take on the world and follow their dreams. Whether you are at holiday, business trip or just need something extra for tonight, Our sexy Girls Toy are always ready to dazzle and shine for you. you can choose from Indian Model or Foreigner Girl. In Delhi, come near Mahipalpur, Delhi37 free accomodation and more option.

Herry Page said...

great post you have done here. i wish you to check Virgin Media Contact Number, Virgin Media Email helpline number

passwordhelp.co.uk said...

Interesting post you have done here. I wish check this link Hormail reset password