"You are meant to grace the world with your dance, to follow the lead of Jesus wherever he leads you." - Captivating

Aside from Jesus, "...traveling is the great true love of my life...I am loyal and constant in my love for travel...I just don't care what it puts me through. Because I adore it. Because its mine. Because it looks like me." - Eat.Pray.Love.

Here you will find my travels, not just physical travels but emotional and spiritual as well...journeys to different places in the world and journeys of the heart. And, of course, fun and silliness too :)

Saturday, November 05, 2011

Taking a Pinterest

I am one of the many who is currently hooked on Pinterest. Talk about addicting. The only problem is that I wish I could actually "do" as fast as I "pin". However, I did do a couple DIY projects this Summer that I had found inspiration from Pinterest. I've been meaning to post them since Summer but school started therefore nothing else really happens except grading, planning, and cutting lamination.


I'm realizing I really need to improve my photography skills but bear with me for now.


First up is my pom-pom flowers as a Spring/Summer centerpiece on my dining room table. (Currently the vase is filled with mini-pumpkins for Fall but these will come back out in the Spring.) I just used tulle, sticks from my yard, and rocks. The colors of the flowers match the fabric I recently used for the chairs. I got my inspiration (and my tutorial on how to make them) mainly from here and here.
I also made this calendar with the idea from here. I made mine a Western theme to match my kitchen's style. It is hard to read in the picture but on the right side I have a "To do" list and a "To Buy" list. I bought a frame from Hobby Lobby and then used scrapbook paper, stickers, a little twine, and sharpie (The sharpie is on the inside of the glass for the lines and then I use dry erase markers to write on it.)



2 comments:

Kristen Ballard said...

Oh my gosh- those are soooo cute!! I really love the calendar, the western theme is adorable and I just love it!! Go you :)

Marek Zapletal said...

Waaw..!! Awesome works. No words to say. I got some more tricks of crafts works from one of the best essays which I found from web. Anyway thank you so much for your post.