"You are meant to grace the world with your dance, to follow the lead of Jesus wherever he leads you." - Captivating

Aside from Jesus, "...traveling is the great true love of my life...I am loyal and constant in my love for travel...I just don't care what it puts me through. Because I adore it. Because its mine. Because it looks like me." - Eat.Pray.Love.

Here you will find my travels, not just physical travels but emotional and spiritual as well...journeys to different places in the world and journeys of the heart. And, of course, fun and silliness too :)

Friday, September 17, 2010

Kids say the darndest things...

Here is the annual survey I give my students at the beginning of the year. I switched to 4th grade this year so I'm not sure the answers are quite as funny as usual but we'll give it go...

Q: What interesting places have you visited?

- My attic

- Oklahoma, Kansas City, the closet

Q: What are some places you would like to visit?

- TCU (I haven’t brainwashed them AT ALL)

Q: What are some things about which you would like to know more?

- How to write with your left hand

- Wars that made history (I'm thinking most wars made history.)

- I want to learn the Inglish and esocial studies.

- How do astronauts eat

Q: If you were given $1000, what would you do with it?

- Buy a bed, extra large

- I would buy all the silly bands in the world!

Q: If you could be a famous person, who would you be? Why?

- Lady Gaga, because I like how HE looks

- Davy Crocket (glad to see he's still getting his 10 minutes of fame)

- I like to give flowers to my girlfriend. (what?)

- Hanna Montana because she is a good person.

Q: Do you like music? What kind?

- Adam Lambert (I just didn't realize he was popular with the kiddos)

- Spanish, God, and Hanna Montana (in that order)


So far, I’m really enjoying my 4th graders…we’ll see if I’m singing a different tune when TAKS testing roles around.

I think coonskin caps are making a comeback.

5 comments:

Adam said...

The e-social kid is going to be way ahead. Its the wave of the future!

dc said...

Davy Crockett! YES.

Jicel said...

HAHA i love the answers from these kids. i love little kids. how i wish i were a little kid again.

vmonforto said...

im really enjoy your blog,having a fourth grader myself,it can be amazing what they come up with..please check my blog out,and be one of my followers..

http://www.obteneruncredito.com.ar said...

Hello my family member! I wish to say that this post is amazing, great written and include approximately all vital infos. I’d like to look extra posts like this