Here is the annual survey I give my students at the beginning of the year. I switched to 4th grade this year so I'm not sure the answers are quite as funny as usual but we'll give it go...
Q: What interesting places have you visited?
- My attic
Q: What are some places you would like to visit?
- TCU (I haven’t brainwashed them AT ALL)
Q: What are some things about which you would like to know more?
- How to write with your left hand
- Wars that made history (I'm thinking most wars made history.)
- I want to learn the Inglish and esocial studies.
- How do astronauts eat
Q: If you were given $1000, what would you do with it?
- Buy a bed, extra large
- I would buy all the silly bands in the world!
Q: If you could be a famous person, who would you be? Why?
- Lady Gaga, because I like how HE looks
- Davy Crocket (glad to see he's still getting his 10 minutes of fame)
- I like to give flowers to my girlfriend. (what?)
- Hanna Montana because she is a good person.
Q: Do you like music? What kind?
- Adam Lambert (I just didn't realize he was popular with the kiddos)
- Spanish, God, and Hanna Montana (in that order)
So far, I’m really enjoying my 4th graders…we’ll see if I’m singing a different tune when TAKS testing roles around.
I think coonskin caps are making a comeback.