"You are meant to grace the world with your dance, to follow the lead of Jesus wherever he leads you." - Captivating

Aside from Jesus, "...traveling is the great true love of my life...I am loyal and constant in my love for travel...I just don't care what it puts me through. Because I adore it. Because its mine. Because it looks like me." - Eat.Pray.Love.

Here you will find my travels, not just physical travels but emotional and spiritual as well...journeys to different places in the world and journeys of the heart. And, of course, fun and silliness too :)

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What is Love?

I had my students write about what love means to them for Valentine's Day. I thought some of these were too cute/funny not to share. Although all of these are good (and I had many more but decided it would be too long)...the first couple are my favorites.

I think love is an expression of care. Like if Mark had a girlfriend Mark would love her. And Mark will care for her. If she’s sick Mark will fix her some soup. And let her rest in the bed. And if she’s better Mark will take her on a date. (Note that the student's name is not Mark, he just made up a random person...haha)

Love is you like somebody for how they are and love is that you never forget them. Like your married that’s like love. Love means that you want somebody to stay with you forever. (awww...)

I think it means being friendly to people. And if you don’t notice them then still be nice to them. Treat them how you want to be treated. And you can tell them what’s wrong or good. You can buy them something nice. Or you can be nice to animals. And school property. And house property and your own stuff. And the property that is not your stuff. If it is not your stuff. Let the person do it not you.

Love comes from your heart. Love is the way you feel about someone. Love is a kind thing that comes when you care for someone. Love is opposite of hate. God cares for us. He takes care of us so that means that he loves us.

Love is like you care for people and they care for you. Like your mom cares for you and also your dad cares for you. Love is family and friends and people who love you. Valentine’s Day is part of love also. Valentine’s day is celebrating love.


Love is if you want to tell somebody that you love them. What’s wrong or what’s right. Let the person decide. You can give them flowers or chocolate hearts. And give them cards. They are brave, funny, sweet, nice, cute, loving. And give them a cupcake. (Cupcakes...a girl after my own heart.)

What I think is love is being around my family. And having fun. And being loved by my family. And I am lucky to have a wonderful mother. And what else I think of love is being nice to people. And being nice to my family.

Kindness and treating persons like you want to be treated. Be nice to each other. Give cards with nice notes. Help others. And kisses and hugs. Cheap candy. Play games. Give pictures of hearts. And we could be happy or good at games. We love each other.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are ALL great! Wouldn't necessarily expect that from this group and some of their family situations and upbringing...wow, I'm very impressed! Shows you're doing a great job and having an impact on these kids lives!

I Love you!
Dad

http://inversioncredito.com/aidcredit/ said...

Youre so awesome, man! I cant believe I missed this blog for so long. Its just great stuff all round. Your design, man...too amazing! I cant wait to read what youve got next. I love everything that youre saying and want more, more, MORE! Keep this up, man! Its just too good.