"You are meant to grace the world with your dance, to follow the lead of Jesus wherever he leads you." - Captivating

Aside from Jesus, "...traveling is the great true love of my life...I am loyal and constant in my love for travel...I just don't care what it puts me through. Because I adore it. Because its mine. Because it looks like me." - Eat.Pray.Love.

Here you will find my travels, not just physical travels but emotional and spiritual as well...journeys to different places in the world and journeys of the heart. And, of course, fun and silliness too :)

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"...I want to know what you ache for."

I was shopping at Anthropologie (which is one of my favorite stores and is coming to Fort Worth in 2009!) the other day. I saw a book there with this on the cover underneath the title -- "I don't care what you do for a living, I want to know what you ache for." This book was one of those new age, post-modernist, Oprah-type spirituality books that I would probably not be looking to read but I loved that quote on the cover. I started thinking..."what do I ache for?" Well, Jesus, of course. That was the answer that immediately came to mind. Then I got to thinking, do I really ache for Jesus? like I'm supposed to anyway? Probably not. I ache for (or am passionate about) a lot of things: fun, quality time and good conversation with friends and family, laughter, my students' life situations to improve (to not have the hurt in their lives that they already do at the age of 7), travel, a husband and family someday, cupcakes or donuts with sprinkles, and so on. However, none of these things are as important as Jesus. Ever since then I have been thinking, what does that look like to truly ache for Jesus? My prayer right now is that I will ache for Him: ache for my relationship with Him to grow, ache to spend time with Him, ache to reflect his image more and be a woman of God, ache to learn more about Him, ache to love like He loves.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Like your post, Ashley! Good perspective on life and what we ache for and what we should ache for.

Lindsey said...

Great post Ash!

I totally just found out about Anthropologie last night. Now I don't have to drive out to Southlake everytime!