"You are meant to grace the world with your dance, to follow the lead of Jesus wherever he leads you." - Captivating

Aside from Jesus, "...traveling is the great true love of my life...I am loyal and constant in my love for travel...I just don't care what it puts me through. Because I adore it. Because its mine. Because it looks like me." - Eat.Pray.Love.

Here you will find my travels, not just physical travels but emotional and spiritual as well...journeys to different places in the world and journeys of the heart. And, of course, fun and silliness too :)

Friday, October 24, 2008

Genesis 1:27

We are doing a study at church right now called Image is Everything. It is about the roles God has given to men and women. The study has sparked many conversations between my friends about what our relationships should look like. As my friend Stephen said, "My take, halfway through, is that we (men and women) don’t know much about each other." I think our generation is especially confused on guy/girl interactions whether thats in dating relationships or in just friendships. When I call my mom I literally tell her that I need to update her on the soap opera that is my life with all the confusing relationships amongst my group of friends. I'm so excited these conversations are happening between my girlfriends and my guyfriends but it can all be a little exhausting to sort it all out. I feel like I spend so much time trying to figure out what my place is, what my expectations should be and what guys are supposed to be doing. Like I said, I'm thankful these conversations are happening and I think they definitely need to be happening. However, it hit me the other day--if I spent half the time that I spend focusing on my human relationships, on my relationship with God I would be in a much better place. It is so easy to focus on those relationships because they are tangible. I'm realizing though if I was constantly seeking the Lord, in not only improving my relationship with Him, but going to Him for guidance with these relationships more often, then I would probably not feel so overwhelmed and frustrated by it all.

Lord, I pray that I will remember that my relationship with you is the most important part of my life and I pray that I will constantly strive to seek you more and find ways to cultivate and strengthen our relationship. I also pray that you will reveal to me more and more each day what my role as a woman is as I try to bear Your image and let me be flexible and open as you mold me into that woman. I pray that you will give me guidance in my relationships with men and women. I pray that you will show me what my expectations should be for the men in my life and how I can encourage them to be Godly men. I pray that I will be an example for other women and open my eyes to learn from other Godly women. Thank you for creating men and women so uniquely in a way that complements each other and to exhibit different characteristics of You. I pray that we will step up to fill our roles that you have created for us. In Jesus name, Amen.

1 comments:

ufb said...

Thanks for the tag sis, I got a lot of traffic from your site :) My counter went from 150 to like 200! You have some serious fans.