"You are meant to grace the world with your dance, to follow the lead of Jesus wherever he leads you." - Captivating

Aside from Jesus, "...traveling is the great true love of my life...I am loyal and constant in my love for travel...I just don't care what it puts me through. Because I adore it. Because its mine. Because it looks like me." - Eat.Pray.Love.

Here you will find my travels, not just physical travels but emotional and spiritual as well...journeys to different places in the world and journeys of the heart. And, of course, fun and silliness too :)

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Eggs Over Easy

One of my favorite things to do is go out to eat for breakfast or brunch on the weekends. Its not necessarily good for the wallet or waistline but its a fun treat to do every once in a while. So I decided to write up my favorite breakfast places.

-Paris Coffee Shop -- I think this might be my favorite breakfast place, if nothing else for the sentimental value it holds for me with memories of going there as a child with my family, especially my grandad. Although I think the food is very tasty too. This is a classic Fort Worth place...it just oozes with Fort Worth charm. Don't let the line stop you from eating there...it goes fast and is worth it. The food is basic breakfast fare...My favorite is the breakfast sampler.

-Ol'South -- My favorite place to go for late night breakfast as well as a great morning breakfast place. I love watching the variety of people go in and out of here. The best thing about Ol'South to me are the waitresses, full of character and sass. Try the German pancakes or Dutch babies if you haven't, but I have to limit myself to those only about once a year.

-Old Neighborhood Grill -- My roommate and I disagree on the best breakfast in town; I say Paris, she says ONG. ONG is definitely in my top places though. Another classic Fort Worth place that makes you think you live in a small town where everybody knows everybody. Friendly people and yummy food...what's not to like?

-Blue Mesa Sunday brunch -- Due to the pricetag on this brunch this is a rare treat but definitely worth it. There is an enormous amount of food to choose from and its pretty much all delicious. The poinsettia drinks are another highlight for me.

-Esperanza's or Arizola's in Lake Worth -- Mexican food. Love. Breakfast food. Love. Mexican breakfast food. Fabulous!

-Dale's Donuts -- really anywhere with sprinkled donuts, this just happens to be the one closest to our apartment.


-Breadwinners -- I have to admit I've only been once for breakfast but it was amazing. Its only in Dallas and Plano but worth venturing over for. Their coffee is great too.

Where are your favorite breakfast places??

6 comments:

dc said...

We ARE great sisters! I love going out for breakfast too... something that I'm always talking Adam into. :)

I love Mimi's, (took you there when we first met, memmer?) Pipes, the Bagel Shack and of course coffee with everything.

Probably the best breakfasts are my mom's big family-style ones, though... homemade scrambled eggs, sausage, fried potatoes and blueberry muffins. Mmmmmm...

Clay Aaron Clifton said...

Someone forgot Lucilles.... Im very disappointed. Seriously. Fix it.

Kristen said...

LOVE Blue Mesa brunch. Have to go with the mimosas, though.
I loved Berry Street Grill and was sad when it closed. My dad and I used to go there alot.
Gotta love Whataburger taquitos, too!!

Amanda said...

Oh, Ashley. You are killing me. I'm stuck down here in the deep south and you are going to post about the Paris Cafe. *sigh*

BTW, I've been lurking your blog for a long time but I don't comment. Do you remember me? I'm a couple years older then you so I don't think we were in the youth group together much.

Nathan Dean said...

I like the Montgomery St. Cafe and Panaderia La Fe at Hemphill and Seminary. Bring cash; habla espanol.

Trey Laminack said...

Man I miss the Paris Coffee shop!