"You are meant to grace the world with your dance, to follow the lead of Jesus wherever he leads you." - Captivating

Aside from Jesus, "...traveling is the great true love of my life...I am loyal and constant in my love for travel...I just don't care what it puts me through. Because I adore it. Because its mine. Because it looks like me." - Eat.Pray.Love.

Here you will find my travels, not just physical travels but emotional and spiritual as well...journeys to different places in the world and journeys of the heart. And, of course, fun and silliness too :)

Sunday, September 28, 2008

How to get a date

Some of my girls this year are fascinated by the fact that I'm not married. One suggested that they should set me up on a blind date. Who knows how she even knows what that is! So these girls decided to give me tips on finding a husband or actually how to get a date since that was their first tip to finding a husband was to actually go on dates. Good thinking girls! I asked them how they were such experts on the subject and one said because she watches it in movies...but not the kissing parts she was quick to clarify. So let me know if you think these would work:

- Wear lots of make-up

- Always wear lipstick

- Put that lipstick on your eyes (I'm assuming they mean eyeshadow)

- Always wear dangly earrings

- Dress-up -- preferably in a polka dot dress

- Straighten hair (they have only seen my hair curly)

- Bathe

- Take green sleepy stuff out of eyes (they clarified that I don't usually have this in my eyes but just to make sure I knew that wasn't attractive)

- Always wear high heels

- Wash my car

- And finally, when I asked them where I should go, once I have all this done, to meet the guys...McDonald's or Wal-Mart. (Duh.)

So I'm off to go bathe I guess :)

7 comments:

Kristen said...

Too cute!! Some good tips in there, although not sure about meeting guys at McDonald's- maybe a single dad would be there??!?

His_Servant said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
His_Servant said...

That is awesome. Those girls are clearly GT. However I'm with kristen, Mcdonalds and Wal-mart not so much. Now Whataburger is where the quality guys are. ;)

Anonymous said...

ash,
I know how much you love Paul Newman. I just wanted to say I am sorry for your loss. He was quite a man.
I'd love to see you!
Much love,
Patty

Maggie said...

really funny!

Anonymous said...

Ashley,
I've really enjoyed reading your blog. Interesting thing...these answers sound so much like something my friends would say. Does this mean we are in our second childhood or should I get new friends?
Love it all.
Linda M
(your mom's co-worker)

Emily said...

Wow I've been doing everything ALL wrong! I've been not bathing and keeping the green stuff in my eyes...you mean that's not attractive?