"You are meant to grace the world with your dance, to follow the lead of Jesus wherever he leads you." - Captivating

Aside from Jesus, "...traveling is the great true love of my life...I am loyal and constant in my love for travel...I just don't care what it puts me through. Because I adore it. Because its mine. Because it looks like me." - Eat.Pray.Love.

Here you will find my travels, not just physical travels but emotional and spiritual as well...journeys to different places in the world and journeys of the heart. And, of course, fun and silliness too :)

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Olympic Fever (better late than never right?)

Kristen pointed out that I didn't even blog about the Olympics and I realized she's right, I should have. I was obsessed with the Olympics as usual this year...which is probably why I didn't blog about them...I was too busy watching them. Sadly, I did feel like I missed the last few days of the Olympics for the most part because of school stuff starting up. However, I did thoroughly enjoy these Olympics. Here are some of my favorite Olympic moments: (I'm sure these are pretty much everyone's highlights...usually I feel like I get more into the little backstories than I was able to this year since I'm now in the real world and have more of a life I guess and I can't devote ALL my time to the games...haha.)



- Men's Swimming 4x100 Freestyle Relay

- Michael Phelps (Although I think the media way overhyped him, he was phenomenal)

- Shawn Johnson winning gold

- Men's Gymnastics winning bronze

- Cute male swimmers

- Women's and Men's Beach Volleyball gold

- Men's Volleyball gold



*I'm sad I missed much of the track and field and that I never got to see any synchronized swimming.



*Who knew trampoline or racewalking were olympic events??



See you in Vancouver.

3 comments:

Adam said...

How can you, Miss Olympics not know about 2 of my faves... speed walking and trampoline! Did you get to catch any doubles ping pong?

Kristen said...

I loved watching the trampoline! I had never seen that before, either. They got so high!!
Loved the first week- swimming and gymnastics! SO GREAT! I'll take some Jason Lezak anytime!

Amanda said...

So, call me a loser but I really enjoyed watching the speedwalking. I know! What's wrong with me? It was sort of cool. I'm sitting there eating a big bag of chips thinking, "I could do that." Most of the olympics you watch and think, "Wow. I could never do that." Speedwalking is the exception. Of course my husband pointed out that I can't speedwalk because I would be too humiliated of myself in public and he's probably right. BTW, I stayed up until 1:00am walking some Russian girl named Olga win the speedwalking marathon. It was great.