"You are meant to grace the world with your dance, to follow the lead of Jesus wherever he leads you." - Captivating

Aside from Jesus, "...traveling is the great true love of my life...I am loyal and constant in my love for travel...I just don't care what it puts me through. Because I adore it. Because its mine. Because it looks like me." - Eat.Pray.Love.

Here you will find my travels, not just physical travels but emotional and spiritual as well...journeys to different places in the world and journeys of the heart. And, of course, fun and silliness too :)

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

School's Out!

I can't believe my first year of teaching is over. It has been a fun and interesting year with my wild and crazy class. Despite the intense mix of personalities in my class, my first year really wasn't the nightmare everyone said it would be. Sure, I learned many lessons along the way and there are definite things I would do differently but overall I had a good year. I like the school I'm at, I love the people I worked with, and I enjoyed my kids. Here's a little by the numbers (a la Ryan Inlow style) to wrap up my year and a few pictures of my crew:

- 20 students
- 15 boys
- 5 girls
- 9 Commended students on the dreaded TAKS test
- 1 third-partied student
- 3 beta fish earned
- 175 school days

- 2 school carnivals
- 4 Bags of hot cheetos
- 1 Field trip to Bass Hall
- 1 Field Day
- 25+ referrals to the office
- 8 Honor roll students
- 3 class parties
- 1 exhausted teacher







2 comments:

Kristen said...

Congrats on finishing your first year!! It will get so much easier now that you have that year under your belt. Enjoy your summer- it flies by!!!

Karen said...

I keep forgetting to ask. . . who got to take the fish home?