"You are meant to grace the world with your dance, to follow the lead of Jesus wherever he leads you." - Captivating

Aside from Jesus, "...traveling is the great true love of my life...I am loyal and constant in my love for travel...I just don't care what it puts me through. Because I adore it. Because its mine. Because it looks like me." - Eat.Pray.Love.

Here you will find my travels, not just physical travels but emotional and spiritual as well...journeys to different places in the world and journeys of the heart. And, of course, fun and silliness too :)

Monday, April 07, 2008

Let's Hear it for the Boy...

"I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it." - Marilyn Monroe

Okay so I said in my last post that I recently have realized that I need to appreciate this time in my life more and all the fun times I get to have with my friends. So last post was about the gals and this one is about the guys. I've noticed more and more through these friendships how different guys and girls are...I know, I know...duh Ashley. But seriously what I love about my girlfriends is totally different than my guy friends. Not only are these guys in my life good friends and fun to be around but I think they help me know what I'm looking for in a husband and help prepare me for him in a way my girlfriends can't. I know God has put these boys (or men I guess :), kidding guys!) in my life for a reason. I have some wonderful guy friends and here are some of the things they do or the qualities they possess that I appreciate about them:


- when they are gentlemen (opening doors, etc.)

- they like to drive (I really dislike driving and they usually always volunteer)

- being outgoing and confident

- can start conversations easily with strangers or new people

- they make me laugh

- when they compliment me

- when they offer to pay for me occasionally

(I know those last two may sound selfish but its just sweet when, as just friends, they make me feel special)

- less drama

- they can give me advice about dating/guys...and that they don't seem to realize my questions and advice seeking can actually be about some of them ;)

- how they strive to be Godly men

- servant hearted

- the usual masculine qualities that they can fix things and lift things

- when they give good hugs (none of that side hug awkwardness)

- they can set me up with their friends (oh wait, they don't actually do this...but should)

- their surprising thoughtfulness (the kind of thoughtfulness I just don't often expect from guys like remembering to ask me about something going on in my life and taking a genuine interest in me as a friend and in improving our friendship)

- when they help plan events and social outings


“Of all the animals, the boy is the most unmanageable” -Plato

Thank you guys for your strength and sensitivity and for always keeping me laughing.



***Lindsey did a post on facebook a while back about some of the qualities she appreciates in her guy friends. Lindsey, I just wanted to let you know I didn't intentionally copy any of your ideas but can't remember if any of these are repeats. I'm sure some of them are because I feel like you read my mind sometimes when you write :)

1 comments:

Adam said...

Woah, when did you change your back ground?! I always read it through google reader, but for some reason I opened yours and BAM! all kinds of bright colors. Very harsh when its early and you are expecting the normal easy on the eyes dark blue.