"You are meant to grace the world with your dance, to follow the lead of Jesus wherever he leads you." - Captivating

Aside from Jesus, "...traveling is the great true love of my life...I am loyal and constant in my love for travel...I just don't care what it puts me through. Because I adore it. Because its mine. Because it looks like me." - Eat.Pray.Love.

Here you will find my travels, not just physical travels but emotional and spiritual as well...journeys to different places in the world and journeys of the heart. And, of course, fun and silliness too :)

Friday, March 21, 2008

Start spreading the news...

We just got back from NYC...and, as usual, it was wonderful. I absolutely love that city...there is just nowhere else like it. As much as I do love it...I realized more than ever this trip that its a fabulous place to visit but I couldn't live there. I appreciate more now the living space we have here, the lower cost of things, but especially the friendliness of people. I'm not saying New Yorkers are awful people, there is just not that genuine friendliness you often find here. (And I also like that men here don't wear skinny jeans...and, for that matter, don't really care that much about fashion.) We did have a great time though...seeing several shows, eating at great places, shopping, and just exploring the city. We got to see Grease, Mary Poppins, and a brand new show Cry-baby. We stayed with my friend Morgan who has a great (but tiny) place in SoHo. SoHo is for sure one of my favorite parts of the city. Some great eating places I would recommend are: Cafe Lalo, Alice's Tea Cup, Lombardi's Pizza, Rice to Riches, Pinkberry, Chai, Provence and falaffels from the street vendors. Thanks so much to Morgan for letting us stay with her! Can't wait for my next trip to NYC :)


Cute little bakery around the corner from Morgan's apartment we went to several mornings.
One of my new favorite musicals -- highly recommend seeing it if you get the chance. It opened just a few days ago and we got great 7th row seats for cheap. Loved it!
Pinkberry! We have to get one of these in Texas...
Mary Poppins
We got to meet up with several TCU friends who are living there -- Annie, Kyo, me, Morgan, and Carrie.
Natural History Museum
We watched the tv show "You are the one that I want" (yes, we know we are cool) and loved Max who won the part of Danny. Of course loved Grease!
Times Square
The mob that was the St. Patrick's Day parade. Carrie and I got stuck in this horrible mob during the parade...but we did get to look at all these cute NY firemen in their uniforms so it wasn't all awful.
Gotta love all the New York cupcakes (with sprinkles!)

Ryan came to hang out with us for the weekend.
Go Frogs! in New York. Morgan, me, Michelle, and Carrie.
Favorite place in Central Park.
The Mall in Central Park
Cafe Lalo...its in You've Got Mail and it was delicious.









2 comments:

Kristen said...

Great pictures!! I haven't been to NY in 10 years, and I am seriously due a trip. I love You've Got Mail!!! That is one of my favs. Glad you had such a great time. I love your long hair and your coat was super cute, too.

*DC* said...

jealous! :) Looks like a great trip. We have Pinkberry in So Cal... Proof that you need to come out again!