"You are meant to grace the world with your dance, to follow the lead of Jesus wherever he leads you." - Captivating

Aside from Jesus, "...traveling is the great true love of my life...I am loyal and constant in my love for travel...I just don't care what it puts me through. Because I adore it. Because its mine. Because it looks like me." - Eat.Pray.Love.

Here you will find my travels, not just physical travels but emotional and spiritual as well...journeys to different places in the world and journeys of the heart. And, of course, fun and silliness too :)

Friday, January 18, 2008

Future Husband

So over Thanksgiving, Adam was cleaning out his room and found some of my stuff...one thing he found was a notebook from high school. In the notebook was a list my best friend Alison and I had made of qualities we wanted in a future husband. Adam decided to read some of the highlights aloud to our family. At first I was mortified but then just accepted that this list was hysterical and too good not to share. We were REALLY bored in school one day so this list has 103 things on it...(we're not picky at all though)...but don't worry, I won't share all 103 with you...just the highlights.

*Disclaimer* -- These are only the funny ones...obviously I had on there the necessities like Godly, funny, caring, family man, ambitious, etc. So I'm not a complete flake...but here goes..

- will play with my hair
- sensitive, not overly
- cuddles
- will watch chick flicks with me
- not hairy
- fills a pair of jeans
- leads me into a room (what does that even mean? and its even better because of what followed it...)
- walks beside me
- not a big redneck
- good hair...to run my fingers through
- not perverted (REALLY? doesn't that go without saying??)
- doesn't wear tank tops, wife beaters, or muscle shirts
- not scared of the word love but doesn't throw it around (again what??)
- no piercings/tattoos...only rings, necklace acceptable
- will dress up at Halloween/costume parties (which is funny because I don't really even like doing this)
- clean-shaven and nose hairs short (that one was Alison's last minute add in)
- has a cute wink (so important!)

So if you know anyone that fits these qualities...you know where to send them ;)

7 comments:

Adam said...

Doesn't the 'not a big redneck' go without saying? He would have to be a skinny one to walk beside you while leading you into rooms. .... I'm still not sure what that means, but I've been trying to do that for Dani ever since then, and it seems to be working ;)

*DC* said...

yeah Husband list! this is definitely a winner. My personal favorite is the pair of jeans criteria. Just.... wow.

:)

Maggie said...

that made me laugh!

stacey4 said...

Hilarious!

Trey Laminack said...

I thought this was me until the last one! I don't wink! Never have, never will. Why?

Proverbs 16:30 "He who winks with his eye is plotting preversity"

So the list is kind of self-defeating. ("No perverts".)

But I'd like the record to state that I do have a nice head of hair and fill out a pair of jeans if there are any girls out there not looking for winkers.

Lindsey said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! THAT'S HILARIOUS!!! Oh I love it! Trey, I'll spread the word for ya!

Lindsey said...

Heh, I just referred to you in my blog...