"You are meant to grace the world with your dance, to follow the lead of Jesus wherever he leads you." - Captivating

Aside from Jesus, "...traveling is the great true love of my life...I am loyal and constant in my love for travel...I just don't care what it puts me through. Because I adore it. Because its mine. Because it looks like me." - Eat.Pray.Love.

Here you will find my travels, not just physical travels but emotional and spiritual as well...journeys to different places in the world and journeys of the heart. And, of course, fun and silliness too :)

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Washington, DC

Mom and I just got back from our trip to DC. We had a wonderfully exhausting time. We went to tons of museums and all the monuments. It really is a fascinating city and it seems to me, no matter how many times you see the monuments/museums they really do not get old. We also got to see some friends from TCU and high school while we were up there. A TCU alum that Mom is friend's with works at the White House...she took us on a tour of it! Just the typical tour but she still very much had fun inside scoops. She had just flown the day before on Air Force One with President Bush! Sadly, we couldn't take a camera with us to the White House though. We also saw the Capitol, all the monuments pretty much, Library of Congress, Air & Space Museum, Natural History Museum, American History museum exhibit, International Spy Museum, Holocaust Museum, National Portrait Gallery, Botanic Gardens and Georgetown. Possibly more that I'm leaving out too. Although its hard to pick favorites I think my favorite building was the Library of Congress, favorite museum: National Portrait Gallery and favorite Monument: Korean War Memorial. Here are just a few of the many pictures I took. Thank you Mom...it was fabulous!!

WWII Memorial -- I loved all the quotes around it.
Beautiful flowers at the Botanic Gardens and the Capitol.
The Capitol
Adorable red, white, and blue houses in Georgetown
Korean War Memorial -- haunting but amazing
FDR Memorial
Mom and I at the Capitol

Loved the Library of Congress

Mom at the Natural History Museum -- she did that all on her own.

Washington Monument with beautiful blue skies!


2 comments:

Alison said...

that's TWO posts this month! well done! let's go for snow cones (not watermelon) to celebrate ...

Ryan said...

I'm waiting...