"You are meant to grace the world with your dance, to follow the lead of Jesus wherever he leads you." - Captivating

Aside from Jesus, "...traveling is the great true love of my life...I am loyal and constant in my love for travel...I just don't care what it puts me through. Because I adore it. Because its mine. Because it looks like me." - Eat.Pray.Love.

Here you will find my travels, not just physical travels but emotional and spiritual as well...journeys to different places in the world and journeys of the heart. And, of course, fun and silliness too :)

Monday, October 31, 2005

dislikes

Coinciding (or more copying) Lindsey's blog about things annoying her...here is a list of things that annoy me or dislikes of mine. I know its a very negative blog which is ironic because one of my annoyances is negative people but I promise I'll follow it up soon with my likes.

-Hearing/watching someone bite into a popsicle

-Voicemail Instructions (who has ever "pressed 5 to page this person?")

-Smoking

-Unpacking after a trip

-Being late or people who are always late (Like Ellen Degeneres says: For the people who always use the excuse "sorry...traffic." My response is..."really? how do you think I got here? helicoptered in?")

-Hotel Sheets and bedding

-Michael Moore

-Lotion ( I know, I don't think I can be a girl and not like lotion but I don't like the greasiness)

-Chocolate Ice Cream

-Cats

I may add more as I think of them.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Wow! I can agree passionately with all of those except the popcicle, and I guess the lotion. I don't really care about lotion, I'm not passionate either way.

Wezie said...

I know they definitely change the sheets in a hotel, but what about the blankets and comforters? I always pull them back and hope I don't get cold...Who knows what happened on top of that comforter....And somebody may have drooled all over blanket when they had it pulled up to their chin...EEEEEWWWWW!

I'm over 40 so the lotion is a very important factor in keeping hydrated...I have already noticed my legs getting dryer with the cooler weather....EEEWWWWW!

I don't like biting into popcicles - first of all, my teeth are very sensitive - second, it's like biting styrofome!EEEWWWW!

I pressed 5 for the first time yesterday when the voicemail lady told me that the mailbox was full -It worked...the person called me back! (no EEEWWW necessary).

Have you receovered from judging all of those Reflections entries? Karen told me you did that...What a gal!

Trey Laminack said...

Nice list!

I agree about:
- Popsicle biters! Yuck, makes my teeth hurt just watching it.
- Voicemail instructions - I'd add to this instruction people leave. "Please leave your name and number after the beep." I hate that. We all know that! And has anyone ever NOT waited for the beep. Do some people just start talking before the beep?
- Smoking cigarettes is annoying. I kind of like old people smokeing (like 70+) because they began when it was a health craze. But teens who try to look tough should be slapped around.
- I don't unpack. I moved into my appartment in January and I still have stuff in boxes.
- Late people are very annoying.
- Ditto on the hotel sheets. I hate sleeping with my toes pointed outwards.
- Michael Moore - I put his "documentaries" in the same catagory as "The Blair Witch Project" and "Best in Show" which includes fiction shot in the documentary style.
- Lotion - never had it. never used it.
- Chocolate ice crea - not creative. I'm currently eating "Peanut Butter Cup"
- Cats - Boo.

Well looks like I agree with everything! Rock on!