"You are meant to grace the world with your dance, to follow the lead of Jesus wherever he leads you." - Captivating

Aside from Jesus, "...traveling is the great true love of my life...I am loyal and constant in my love for travel...I just don't care what it puts me through. Because I adore it. Because its mine. Because it looks like me." - Eat.Pray.Love.

Here you will find my travels, not just physical travels but emotional and spiritual as well...journeys to different places in the world and journeys of the heart. And, of course, fun and silliness too :)

Monday, August 01, 2005

Captivating


I just finished reading Captivating by John & Stasi Eldredge. I highly recommend it to all women. John Eldredge is the author of Wild at Heart if any of you have read that...it is also a very good book abou the heart of a man. Captivating is by John and his wife and as the cover of the book says is about "unveiling the mystery of a woman's soul." Whether you are single, married, young, or old, I think most any woman would be uplifted and encouraged by this book. It talks about living the life that God has planned for you and doing it in the uniquely feminine way that he made us. It discusses the desires of a woman's heart and how God fulfills them. Anyway, if you are looking for a new book then think about Captivating.

5 comments:

Joanie said...

WOW! Look at you...the almost daily blogger!!!!

Lindsey said...

One of my friends came over last night and she was telling me how proud she was of herself because she was reading a book. She told me it was the woman's version of Wild at Heart. She couldn't think of the name, she could just remember that it started with a "C". I figured I had heard it before so I was trying to thing of books with "C" in it. So being the dumb person that I am, about five minutes after the conversation, I was still thinking about it. It hit me, "Call of the Wild", I shouted it out. I was mixing together a "C" word and Wild at Heart, and came out with the story of White Fang (at least I think that's what that book is about)! My friend and roommate laughed severely at me. I need to think before I shout out. I'm currently reading the second book of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Aren't I the mature one!

Trey Laminack said...

I've read Wild at Heart and I think more women should read it.

Lindsey said...

Oh Ashley, we are both committed to Laguna Beach. Yes, that is where I was reintroduced to the song. The song was so beautiful with the scene of Stephen and LC, I wanted to experience it. After seeing that episode two times, I downloaded it.

Trey Laminack said...

update your blog girl