"You are meant to grace the world with your dance, to follow the lead of Jesus wherever he leads you." - Captivating

Aside from Jesus, "...traveling is the great true love of my life...I am loyal and constant in my love for travel...I just don't care what it puts me through. Because I adore it. Because its mine. Because it looks like me." - Eat.Pray.Love.

Here you will find my travels, not just physical travels but emotional and spiritual as well...journeys to different places in the world and journeys of the heart. And, of course, fun and silliness too :)

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Austin & Adam

I am in Austin this weekend visiting my brother Adam. Austin is such a neat city. It looks like it was transplanted from some other state to Texas because it really is nothing like the rest of Texas. Certainly there is nowhere else in Texas that I would have to think twice about the possibility of my car getting keyed because of my W sticker. I still love this city though...and the variety of people here is a large part of its appeal. Austin is such a good blend of history and modern, city and country. And it is SO pretty!

It has been so great getting to see Adam this weekend because we really don' t get to see each other very often. I loved having an older brother growing up (and still do). We have always been close but of course are closer now as we have grown up. My mom likes to joke when people ask if we got along growing up that "sure they did, as long as Adam let Ashley get her way." Its true I am the more stubborn one and Adam is one of the most easy going people I have ever met but I still maintain that all our arguments cannot be blamed on me as it takes 2 people to argue. I do know though that I did get my way more than I probably should have because Adam was often nice enough to let me. Looking back in pictures I realized how annoying a little sister I was sometimes. It is so funny because in the pictures of practically every birthday party Adam ever had, right in the middle of all his friends is me. Most brothers would have been so annoyed if their little sister tagged along but I really don't remember Adam every complaining. (Except when Beau lived down the street from us and he always managed to convince Adam to be mean to me...and I'm sure I wasn't being the list bit annoying! Yup Beau made me cry a few times or at least made me mad enough to go tell my mom on them...but its okay we're friends now.) Adam is also one of the funniest people I know. My mom wrote in my baby book that my favorite playmate was Adam and that I was constantly laughing at him. I still am constantly laughing when I'm with him. My friends always know when I'm talking to my brother on the phone because I am laughing most of the time. This has been a great little mini-trip and I'll be back in FW on Sunday for VBS practice!!

4 comments:

Joanie said...

Ash,

You are lucky to be so close to your brother. I don't think I'll ever be close to mine and I really regret that.

Hey Adam,

Sorry about the recent, big change in your life. I'm sure things will work out for you, but I know it must feel really rotten right now. I'm thinking about you.

Joanie

Emily said...

I'm ready for Adam to move back here and play with us! Then all we need to do is get Kellen back here and we can have lots of fun playing games and ordering soup that isn't included in the price of our meals.

Lindsey said...

Oh, I love Adam, he's the nicest.

Jennifer Meachem said...

when i was little, like around two, my brother used to throw crickets on me. i would cry, go to my mom and then he would open up his arms and i would run to him. i love my brother so much. he looks so much like my dad but he is the complete opposite. he and i love the fact that he had two boys and a girl and i had two girls and a boy. sniff sniff, i'm gonna go call him right now..